Today, we'll speak about building a new website, an e-commerce web, but with some interesting options : https://www.galeriavalmar.com/
2 Mains needs :
- The first need was to create an art gallery, where any final customer can buy some pieces of art, but hiding price for evident reason of confidentiality.
- Another important need was to light on the drawings, sculptures etc.
First of all, the CMS. Customer already used Wordpress, so, the choice was quite obvious. We'll use Wordpress !
- E-commerce : there is no real alternative to woocommerce : this is the "official" e-commerce plugin for wordpress. The plugin itself is not as powerfull as some CMS specialized in e-commerce, like Prestashop or Magento, but with some extra plugins, it can be a real alternative very powerful.
- How to manage prices ? We used some plugin from https://yithemes.com/ in order to :
- Hide the prices
- Make a quotation system to let our customer decide the price policy instead of an automatic one
- How to light on the drawings ?
- We build a home page with random works of art, like a physical gallery would be with temporal expositions
- On detail page, we added an option to have a great zoom, for a better view of details.
The other options
- English / spanish : WPLM is the best option for a multilingual website under Wordpress
- We added security layer to prevent most of the current attacks
- As any E-commerce, a SSL certificate is better, for security and SEO
- Additional plugins for woocommerce as filters based on tags / prices / categories
- We added some blog plugins for an better user experience (disqus - Get new posts by e-mails - social shares etc..)
And finally, we are hosting and managing the website, to ensure that website will be fast enough for final user, and to prevent any attack, maintaning up-to-date the website, core system and plugins.